Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Търсене в помощните статии

Избягвайте измамите при поддръжката. Никога няма да ви помолим да се обадите или изпратите SMS на телефонен номер или да споделите лична информация. Моля, докладвайте подозрителна активност на "Докладване за злоупотреба".

Научете повече
Open

Firefox under Linux Mint 22.3 Cinnamon, will not let me input text. How can I get past this?

Paul Taylor

Firefox under Linux Mint 22.3 Cinnamon, will not let me input text. How can I get past this?

I am having to type into a text file, copy and paste to get information into a text box in Firefox.

Firefox under Linux Mint 22.3 Cinnamon, will not let me input text. How can I get past this? I am having to type into a text file, copy and paste to get information into a text box in Firefox.

Всички отговори (3)

Hi.

So clearly the text boxes do get focus else you wouldn't be able to paste.

Is this following an Fx update?

After copying can you then edit the text in the box, by the way which box, a specific site ??

I am using Brave browser now so I can type here.

I was using Firefox for a while as an alternative but found that my keyboard was locked when trying to type into a text box for one of the AI engines. I tried to get a solution, using the AI but couldn't find one. So I have come here to find one.

Is there some setting that can be used to allow typing into a text box in my browser?

I am 85 and struggle with memory issues. I don't recall making any changes to Firefox that might have caused the problem.

Променено на от Paul Taylor

Could you update your Firefox and see if there's any improvement?

Did this happen recently, at some point, or it's been like this for long?

Задаване на въпрос

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.