Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Can I have an installation of Firefox 4 and Firefox 3.6.x on the same Windows XP system?

cbff40

I need to be able to test Firefox 4 with a web application product, but I also need to keep Firefox 3.6.x so I can test that version as well against the product. Is there a conflict of having both installedon the same Windows XP system?

They would be installed in different directories.

I need to be able to test Firefox 4 with a web application product, but I also need to keep Firefox 3.6.x so I can test that version as well against the product. Is there a conflict of having both installedon the same Windows XP system? They would be installed in different directories.

Modified by cbff40

All Replies (1)

You can do a custom install and install each version in its own program folder.

Create a new profile exclusively for each Firefox version and create a desktop shortcut with -P "profile" appended to the target to launch each Firefox version with its own profile.

See these mozillaZine KB articles for information: