Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

What certificates does Firefox sync (for Android) use to connect to the server?

Jerryshawhan

I removed all of the CA and root authorities and would like to know which one I need to put back in order to use sync? A Few of them looked like they could stay, but there were to many that looked like just anyone could install a certificate on my tablet.

So, I would like the entity name and sha (s) encryption keys so I can reactvate yours. Thank you.

I removed all of the CA and root authorities and would like to know which one I need to put back in order to use sync? A Few of them looked like they could stay, but there were to many that looked like just anyone could install a certificate on my tablet. So, I would like the entity name and sha (s) encryption keys so I can reactvate yours. Thank you.

All Replies (1)

The technical information about the Authentication Server is documented: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Firefox-Accounts#Auth_Server

Certificate Signing process specifically is done with this part of the api: https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-s.../api.md#post-v1certificatesign - I assume you would generate them there.