This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Having updated to Firefox 5, everytime I download pictures I can only do two and then I cannot download anymore. Is there a solution?
Right-click to save - only happens twice and I cannot download anymore.
All Replies (2)
Click the orange Firefox button, go to Add-ons, then Plugins and disable, or remove the Yahoo ActiveX plugin.
Also, consider updating to the current version which is Firefox 5.0.1 which fixes a number of security vulnerabilities. See the release notes for the current version here: http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html
To ensure a clean installation, please do the following.
- Go to Download Firefox 5.0.1 and download the installation file to your desktop.
- Then go to Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to "Mozilla Firefox" and remove it, choosing to keep your bookmarks, customizations etc., (don't checkmark the box).
- Then reboot and delete the folder called "Mozilla Firefox" at this location: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- Finally run the installation file you downloaded to the desktop earlier.
Your bookmarks, customizations etc., are maintained in a different location and will become available to you again once you complete the installation.
As a precaution, make a backup of your Bookmarks as follows:
- Hit CTRL+SHIFT+B to open the Bookmarks Manager.
- Click the link to Import and Backup and then click Export HTML and save the file somewhere.
You can use this file at any time to restore your bookmarks should that prove to be necessary. Simply reverse the procedure and choose "Import HTML" in the Bookmarks manager instead.
If this suggestion fixes the problem for you, please click the Solved it button next to this post after you log in into the forum. This will help others searching for a solution to the same problem.
Modified by Xircal
I have tried again and again today - and I still can't fix the problem.