I downloaded 3.6 as suggested, (mac 10.28) appears on computer, but not on desk top, onlyway it would download is after ai told it to put it in Applications floder, it is there, but nothing happens when I click on it. help!
clicked to start download, before it would start i was asked where to put it. logic seemed to say to put it in the applications folder, did that. It downloaded. I was not able to follow the steps as shown on firefox site. I tried restarting the computer, no luck. It the system is as you say "detecting my system and language" and suggesting the best version, am i out of luck because of my old computer or what?
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Test Your JVM.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/126.96.36.199
Firefox 3.6 requires at least OS X 10.4, the last version that works on OS X 10.2.8 is Firefox 188.8.131.52 available from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/184.108.40.206/mac/en-US/