This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox downloads "failed". Have reset FF, been through "downloading problems" trouble doc, and uninstalled/reinstalled FF w/o luck. Safari is able to download.
Recently I am unable to download anything in FF. It briefly acts as if downloading, but the file is corrupted and the next to the file in the DL manager it just says "Failed".
I tried Resetting FF. No luck. Then I tried all the steps in the "downloading problems" support doc. No luck. I tried with all add-ons disabled. No luck. In desperation, I searched for "Firefox" and moved two folders called Firefox, the application, and a .plist file to the trash (still there) and redownloaded Firefox and reinstalled. No luck.
If I click on a .pdf it will be be viewable, but it won't download. It's not just .pdfs that fail, it is any file I try and download.
This may provide some additional info: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1018279Read this answer in context 👍 3
All Replies (5)
Does this also happen if you use File > Save File to save a PDF document that is opened in a tab?
Did you check your security software (firewall, anti-virus) to make sure that it isn't causing this problem?
Checked firewall and did not see any issues.
File>Save Page As will save an .pdf that is opened in a tab. It will still reflect "failed" on the download manager. But can be opened from Finder.
I have the same problem and I also tried a lot of troubleshooting advices without any success. The problem seems to be with OS X Parental Control turned on and using a other account than the one of the admin. The user sl-nw found a short-term solutions (changing back to version 31, working like a charm or turning off Parental Control), yet a long-term solution is needed: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1018279
Perhaps Firefox should add a bug fix to their next update.
Brandfox, I am not using Parental Controls, HOWEVER I am using a non-admin account. I tested by using the Admin account and the download function worked as it is supposed to. I didn't know how to roll back to v31, so I changed to the BETA version and now it is working correctly on the non-admin account.
This may provide some additional info: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1018279