change new tab focus, without extension
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i keep getting tripped-up by a most annoying setting i can't seem to alter.
When i open a new tab, which defaults to the page i want of course, the cursor is IN the address bar at THE END of the address !!!! This is curse-words annoying as i'm sure you understand. ALL the other browsers default to the correct place on the page or form, decided by the page designer...
There used to be (yet another) plugin to correct this, but apparently that doesnt work anymore. So i assume there must be a setting somewhere, or is it a bug? Would you like me to point this bug out, in some bug-reporting section?
please advise, Me.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
hi, by the sounds of it you are using an addon to modify the new-tab page (because by default it contains previews of your most visited sites & a search field which has the focus) - you would need to get in contact with the addon's developer directly in order to request bug fixes or new features... thank you for your understanding!