Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
MY FF22 wont INSTALL.....I have tried everything but nothing happens.
My daughters Laptop is running Vista OS. FF version 6.
I went to update her browser...
I downloaded from the green button got a binary file called setup stub. went to install.... PC asked if ok to run I sed yes but got NO install. ....Nothing....I went back and started my browser in safe mode with any plugins etc disabled and still nothing happened I even told my a/v to disable....still nothing.... how do I get it to Install???? .*BEYOND FRUSTRATED.*
All Replies (8)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
The entire folder? will this delete my old v of FF ( the current one)? IF it doesnt install and I delete I will be stuck with no browser?
Restart your System, hold F8 key to start in safemode.
Goto > Control Panel > programs and features
Remove the firefox and reinstall it.
I am wondering if there is anything there... the entire download is only 274 kb..shouldnt the file be larger?
GRRRRRRRRRRRR I deleted yhe file and now I have NO NO NO browser except IE which SUX! AND NO it still wont install.....I swear it is an empty file.
try the full installer
You can download the full installer via another computer and use an USB stick to transfer the file to your computer.
You can find the full version of the latest Firefox 22.0 release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
TY So Much....Needless to say I had to download chrome since I despise IE....I have downloaded the full ver. from the link . TX Again.