win8 quicklaunch icon disapears after update?
Hello, I have windows 8 configured to look closer to Vista/XP by using a quick-launch toolbar. I've noticed that whenever the Firefox Beta update occurs, the Firefox logo in the quick-launch icon disappears (changes to a blank white piece of paper). I'll need to right click, select properties, and change the icon. From there, it'll be fine again until the next update. This is most likely a windows 8 issue, but perhaps its related to the update process. Can anyone shed some light?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 188.8.131.5231
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
What happens if you install the next build from the full installer instead? Does the quicklaunch item have an icon then? Maybe it is a bug just from doing updating rather than installation?
It would appear as if using the full installer does not break the shortcut in the quick launch toolbar. I've repeatedly downgraded to beta4, updated to beta5 and back down, and only the partial update seems to break the icon.
Then I suggest disabling automatic updating and getting the updates manually by installing the next version.