Why did the 15.0.1 update remove ALL my extensions?
After updating Firefox 15 to 15.0.1 on my Windows 7 - 64 machine, I restarted the program as requested... and ALL my extensions are now gone, except for Avast WebRep? WTF? Seriously? Ok, well as much as a PITA as this is, no problem as I have SYNC setup to make sure my extensions are stored and shared also... so I will just run SYNC and tell to SYNC with the online data.... right? WRONG! Now its not working for some reason either!
It seems Mozilla is forgetting the things that made them popular to begin with... no bugs, stability, and NOT changing/installing/uninstalling things without the users permission.
If Im going to have to keep dealing with a buggy program that keeps changing things without my permission, I might as well go back to I.E.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
I updated for Firefox 15 to 15.0.1
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.