How do I stop the tab scroll icon turning white?
Now when I have multiple tabs open in one window that require scrolling through the bar to see all of them, the "+" new tab icon turns white and the scroll arrows display as white. The drop down tab navigation arrow has also turned white. I find this very distracting, is there a way to return them to their old dark appearance?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.114
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Please check if this happens in Safe Mode.
Safe mode disables the installed Extensions, and themes (Appearance) in Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons. Hardware acceleration is also temporarily disabled - the manual setting is Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Use hardware acceleration when available. Options > Advanced. All these settings/add-ons can also be individually or collectively disabled/enabled/changed in Firefox normal mode to check if an extension, theme or hardware acceleration is causing issues.
The icons still show up as white in Safe Mode, and turning hardware acceleration off makes no difference.
If you changed the Windows theme (right-click desktop > Personalize), or the Firefox Appearance (Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons) you can try to revert.
I haven't altered the Windows theme for at least 9 months, and I've never even looked at the Firefox appearance tools.
If you installed Firefox themes the themes may change between the normal mode and safe mode as shown in the image. Firefox themes
Please also see this.
I've never installed any appearance themes or personas. The only thing I've installed for a month is the update of the Adobe Flash Player plugin.
Okulungisiwe ngu Thordis
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
Same thing happens in a new profile running on safe mode.
That can be an indication that your Windows theme or appearance settings is causing that problem.
So you can try a different Windows (standard) theme.