Am unable to log in to Verizon email with Firfox. I get "Unsupported Method". I am able to log in using Internet Explorer.
Firefox will not accept my log in and password on this computer. Sometimes it will log in, but I can't predict when it will. I can log in from other computers in Firefox. Can log in on this one using only IE. My wife can log in using Firefox.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
In the last few weeks.
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
FYI - This is not only a problem with Firefox. I encounter the same issue in both Chrome and Firefox. I spoke with Verizon Technical Support about the issue on Tuesday, December 19, 2011. They said they were not aware of a problem with either browser, but suggested some add-ons could cause the problem. Clearing all verizon-related cookies solves the problem for a single session only. Deleting the cookies for signin.verizon.com solves the problem for a single session, but upon logging out and trying to log back in the problem returns.
Blocking cookies from signin.verizon.com is another way to recreate the same problem.
A workaround which may help until it is fixed is to use Private Browsing sessions, which can be started with CTRL+SHIFT+N or CTRL+SHIFT+P. It is faster than deleting the cookie manually every time. :)
Okulungisiwe ngu matt1122