Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Server Not Found issue with new FF 8.0

  • 2 uphendule
  • 29 zinale nkinga
  • 15 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu melisamarie

more options

Yesterday my firefox did an automatic update from the old version to version 8.0. Ever since then I'm constantly getting a Server Not Found error when trying to load websites.

I have tried IE and Chrome and I am NOT having this issue on either of those browsers.

I have gone into the tools of FF and changed the network settings to NO PROXY (they were previously set on Use System Proxy Settings.

I have reinstalled FF thinking that might help, but to no avail it hasn't helped anything!

I am getting frustrated because this is a constant issue since updating and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I am consistently relying on my "REFRESH" button and/or opening another tab (which often still gives me the same error) in order to get pages to load.

Can someone help with this issue?

I am using AVAST; however, I have checked and FF is not blocked. I'm at a loss as to what to do other than changing to a different browser, which I really don't want to do!

Thanks!

All Replies (2)

more options

The default of the pref network.http.max-connections has been increased from 30 to 256 in Firefox 6+ versions.

Try to decrease the value of the pref network.http.max-connections from 256 to 30 as used in Firefox 3 versions.

See also:

You can also try to reset (power off/on) the router.

more options

cor-el. I have tried to reset my router, that didn't make any difference.

This isn't just happening on my computer with this new firefox version, it is happening on ALL 3 desktops in my house, my laptop, and my sister is having the same problem on her 2 desktops and laptop at her house, and she lives in another state. It strictly is an issue with FF 8.0.

I looked at the links you provided and nowhere could I find specific instructions on how to decrease the values.

Thanks.