"an unknown change was detected ... keeps popping up how to get rid of it?
the following message keeps popping up on Firefox
Browser settings change An unknown change was detected on your browser's search settings: Keep my current settings. I am aware of this change and approve it.
how can I get rid of it?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Picasa plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
You probably have the babylon toolbar installed somehow. Go to Tools > Add-Ons and uninstall it. You may have to uninstall from the control panel as well.
I have this same problem its very annoying I am constantly having to confirm that I want the change I made to stay if I don't then it goes back to the previous search engine. I do not have Babylon Toolbar installed. I went to Tools > Add-Ons and it wasn't there.
problem starts when you edit default search engine list.
temporary solution: click the search engine selector pulldown and click manage search engines. click restore defaults. unfortunately you now have to wade through the list of possibilities again but will stop getting alerts.
Mozilla please fix this-only a temporary solution for those who do not want the default list.