I have updated firefox SEVERAL times over the last few months and it never works. The download and setup goes fine, but I still get messages wherever I go that the version I have in not compatible and I have to upgrade. What gives???
Updated firefox SEVERAL times in the last few months and even though everything goes ok with the installation, it never upgrades! I get notices on my college website as well as other that I have an incompatible version and have to upgrade, BUT OT NEVER WORKS!!!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Akunasiqiniseko sokuthi kangaki
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009122116 Firefox/3.0.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
In the "More system details..." for your post, it shows an ancient version:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009122116 Firefox/3.0.17 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
It could have something to do with that acronym at the end, which I think is associated with one of your add-ons.
To see your true current version, you can check Help > About Firefox.
If your true current version is 6.0.2 (today's version), then you may need to clear a setting using the about:config preference editor. Here's how:
(1) Type or paste about:config into the location bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful if it appears.
(2) Type agent into the filter box and wait for the list to be filtered.
(3) Right-click general.useragent.override and choose Reset to return that preference to its default value.