Back/Forward Gestures do not work in Mac OS X Lion
Safari uses one-finger gestures with lion to support back/forward browser buttons Need firefox upgrade to do the same, because mission control intercepts the previous gestures.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
With the OSX Lion Release
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
This is probably the wrong place to ask for changes and feature requests.
A small little workaround to achieving something SIMILAR to Safari's natural back/forward gestures in Firefox is to switch two values: browser.gesture.swipe.left and browser.gesture.swipe.right
For browser.gesture.swipe.left, change its value to Browser:ForwardOrForwardDuplicate
For browser.gesture.swipe.right, change its value to Browser:BackOrBackDuplicate
Now when you swipe like you do in Safari to go back/forward to whatever page you want to view, you will do the same in Firefox just without the cool GUI implemented by Safari.
I just downloaded Firefox Beta 9.0b5 and this issue is fixed. I can navigate with my Magic Mouse with only one finger swipe. I'm so glad that this issue is finally fixed. :)
Here is the workaround I'm using, switch to Chrome which has had this feature within a couple weeks of Lion being released. Why would you stick with this memory hog with the never ending appetite for RAM?
Using Chrome is not a solution for Firefox. I use firefox for many of its features, especially the bookmark keywords you can make. Also its widely compatible with many web sites including financial institutions. I use two finger swipes to go back and forward on web pages, which perfectly works fine with firefox.