Why did Mozilla block Personas after upgrading to 3.6.9 on one computer but none of the others? A warning box came up stating that Personas was causing instability or security problems and was being blocked and would be disabled when Firefox restarted.
I am not typing this on the computer on which I experienced the problem. Consequently, the list of plug-ins noted under the list of additional system details here is incorrect. I am running Firefox 3.6.9 on all three of my computers. The netbook on which this occurred is running Windows 7 Starter. Both other computers are running Windows 7 Home Premium.
Okulungisiwe ngu tailsoluv
Do you have Google Toolbar installed? If you do, try to disable or uninstall it to see if Personas work after that. It's a known issue that the latest version of Personas interferes with Google Toolbar:Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 0
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Bing Bar
- Office Live Update v1.5
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 GTB7.1
Do you have Google Toolbar installed? If you do, try to disable or uninstall it to see if Personas work after that. It's a known issue that the latest version of Personas interferes with Google Toolbar:
It is not Personas that are being blocked, it is version 1.6 of the Personas Plus add-on that has been blocked as it was casuing many problems. You can still use Personas without that add-on. If you want the add-on, you can install version 1.6.1 which has fixed the bug in 1.6, available from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10900/
Thanks very much for your help.
Okulungisiwe ngu tailsoluv
Your help is very much appreciated. While I could certainly live without Personas, it's a nice addition. Your answer solved my problem. I don't quite understand why Add-ons hadn't notified me of an update to Personas 1.6.1, but I have now installed it, and my problem has been solved.
Thank you very much for your help. Google toolbar is not an issue for me, but I appreciate your quick response. :)
For some reason, I can't seem to have my response to these posts show up where I want them. Consequently, I wish to thank both responders for their help. However, what worked for me is installing Personas 1.6.1. Google toolbar had nothing to do with my particular problem.