Runtime Error Program: c:\programfile (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Often when I am typing a private message on facebook and i have been typing for a while this "runtime error" happens and closes my program.
The message that comes up is titled: Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime library
and in the body of the message it says: Runtime Error! Program: c:\programfile (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I should do. I would be ever so obliged!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Just adding another data point: This started happening after the update to 3.6.14, including in one browser profile where I disabled any recent add-ons. I'm going to try again with all add-ons disabled. This is under WinXP.
I think installing FREE Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 libraries can help - Download Visual C++ 2008 libraries from
If that doesn't work you can even try downloading Visual C++ 2005 SP1 libraries from here - (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en)