Connectivity issues after Firefox 44 update
After updating to 44.0, I am mostly unable to get FF to connect to the 'Net. Approximately 90% of the time It just hangs trying to connect.
I have found starting in safe mode works: FF connects to the 'Net.
I have found reinstalling 44.0 will work - just once. After that, FF hangs.
If I disable plugins and addons, FF _still_ does not connect.
1) I see other people are having this problem (see link above.)
2) What is the difference between disabling all addons and plugins and starting FF in safe mode?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Camera Control Class, version: 126.96.36.19911.
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Motive Management Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- TRENDnet Cloud Control, version: 188.8.131.5212.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
I posted a similiar question and found a solution, from one of the developers.
There is a link to a Nightly Build that worked for me.
The link to Mozilla bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1243765 Comment #1 ( philipp ) seems to correlated several similar reported issues to NVidia video card. Hopefully Mozilla support team can confirm all these similar issues are related to NVidia GPU.
That was so interesting! It looks like some people had the problem go away with an upgrade to FF-X64 whereas others are not seeing a fix doing that.
Let's leave this problem unsolved. I'm just glad others are seeing this problem, too, and it is no a bug I introduced.
Since I upgraded to FF X64 I have not experienced the "does not load pages problem in normal mode".
As a final note, I didn't realize the problem might be related, but previously FF was crashing during shutdown. I was getting a message about the plugin container crashing. I wish I could remember the exact crash message.
Note that Firefox 44.0.2 has been released, so you can try to update to that version to see if that fixes this issue.