Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox keeps crashing or hanging up system
Since update 38.0, Firefox periodically crashes or completely hangs my xp sp3 system to where I have to do a cold boot. I have tried everything on your troubleshooting pages: Started Firefox in Safe mode with add-ons disabled - made no difference. Removed all add-ons and added 1 at a time - made no difference. Refreshed Firefox - made no difference. Added a new profile and deleted old one - made no difference. Completely uninstalled Firefox, all folders and registry items and reinstalled 38.0.1 - made no difference. completely uninstalled 38.0.1 and installed 37.0.1 made no difference. I have spent a lot of hours on troubleshooting this problem and now its your turn. I am currently back to 38.0.1 and would like to know how this problem can be corrected. I love Firefox and have no desire to give it up for another browser, but this problem is really making me angry. Every time it crashes, a report is sent to Mozilla and there must be hundreds of these reports by now.
Please help me to solve this problem.
William Algie firstname.lastname@example.org
Okulungisiwe ngu BillyDick
All Replies (8)
And another one: bp-e9b3a35c-b9f7-40d0-86ee-8d65e2150526
And yet another one: bp-d3e4f9dd-254b-474b-9468-7aea82150526
That last report is the first report that has a crashing thread.
Firefox 38.0.1 Crash Report [@ shutdownhang | WaitForSingleObjectEx | WaitForSingleObject | PR_Wait | mozilla::ReentrantMonitor::Wait(unsigned int) | nsThread::ProcessNextEvent(bool, bool*) | NS_ProcessNextEvent(nsIThread*, bool) | mozilla::dom::workers::RuntimeService::Cleanup() ]
There is a bug report linked to it. Maybe you can provide some useful information for the devs to be able to pinpoint the cause if you can reliably reproduce the bug (STR: Steps to Reproduce). You would have to create an account on Bugzilla.
- bug 1168149 - crash in shutdownhang | WaitForSingleObjectEx | WaitForSingleObject | PR_Wait | mozilla::ReentrantMonitor::Wait(unsigned int) | nsThread::ProcessNextEvent(bool, bool*) | NS_ProcessNextEvent(nsIThread*, bool) | mozilla::dom::workers::RuntimeService::Cle...
cor-el: I'm not a PC programmer and have no idea why the last report had a "crashing thread". All I know is that Firefox crashes or hangs up the system. In order to reliably reproduce the bug, I would have to be able to reproduce the steps taken just before the crash, which is impossible, due to the fact that I was reading a forum comment at the time. The crashes or hangups, in 90% of the cases, occur when the PC is idle. The other 10% occur when I am typing a reply or reading, never when pages are loading.
As you suggested, I haven't gone into Windows Safe Mode yet, but plan to do that this morning.
cor-el: And some more: bp-85326266-2347-4159-88f7-aeb052150529 bp-3636956c-45f8-4fbb-90fc-2196b2150528 bp-810c7929-92d2-4bda-95cf-866712150528
cor-el: 3 more: bp-2d9fdf28-b84d-474e-9350-64ab22150530 bp-d96beb34-8e3a-492a-a843-19bfa2150529 bp-dcb2bc43-f6b0-4c47-90ba-f27832150529
cor-el: Couple more: Not much time between these two: bp-fa8a71f0-c523-4286-bc52-737f92150530 bp-3ab4426f-ffa2-4121-8b3e-b299f2150530
cor-el: And a few more for your viewing pleasure: bp-16ff1543-6a79-46cd-92eb-fcf492150531 bp-539ab27b-ddbc-44e6-bf62-cb3c92150531 bp-10853e7c-cf3e-46e6-b143-b0b1f2150530