When I start Firefox, an error box appears with header "failure" and "createprocess" inside the box. I've applied your "safe mode" advice, but did not work
When I start Firefox, an error box appears with header "failure" and "createprocess" inside the box. I've applied your "safe mode" advice, but did not work.
I've updated the javadevelopment and shockwave flash plugins. These were the only ones that indicated it required updates. I ran these updates independent from the site and through the providers. Still appears to be a problem.
These problems do not occur in Chrome
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0 Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues.
Flash Player v184.108.40.2065
Thank you for your suggestions
I've applied the first suggestion - on re-launching Firefox the first message that appears - the error message.
I've uninstalled Firefox and made Chrome my default browser - no problem for a week
Re-installed Firefox this morning - first message - the error message
Firefox does not allow file to open that use shockwave flash - I have the latest version and only one flash player.
Java development toolkit - I've downloaded the latest version and still a problem.
Is there a last resort?
Your issue seems a bit more complicated and requires more investigation. We're currently looking into it and we'll get back to you with more details ASAP. Please understand that escalations can take up to 72 hours for a response, but no longer.
In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.