Firefox 31.0 bug - FF crashes when trying to print Amazon web pages
Using Mac OS 10.6.8. Firefox crashing issue just started occurring for me after updating to FF 31.0 on 8-5-14. Prior to that FF has always worked perfectly for me with no printing issues or any other issues. Luckily FF does not crash when printing anything else. All other web pages work well so far except for Amazon.
Tried many different listings on Amazon but I get the same result; instant crash. Command P brings up the Print Window successfully, but as soon as I make the choice to Print, Preview or Save as a pdf, FF crashes. (By the way, my Safari browser works perfectly when printing these same web pages on Amazon. No crashes.)
Tried every single one of the Help suggestions regarding the printer settings, preferences, and other help suggestions for crashing issues but they made no difference at all. Cleared my FF cookies and cache, cleared my system and user caches, updated Flash Player and checked that all plugins were up-to-date, ran Disk Utility to repair permissions, and reset PRAM, but no luck.
Decided to reset FF last night but that resulted in no change at all. FF still crashes when attempting to print from Amazon. I reported this issue to Amazon, and they said they would contact Mozilla about it too. Thank you.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste that into the "Post a Reply" box. (Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the ID's. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.