I Get an error every time I try to update Windows 8.1 or update Defender (EXE On top "Class not Registered")
I think my lap top has a lot more problems, then the sun has Hot spots! :) (not that I am down playing any one's situation, nor want to sound cynical or Condescending). Though many of my issues have been resolved through a LOT of time, tech support and a couple friends and personal researching. But I get the "Class not Registered" Every time I try to update Windows,
(I have Mozilla Firefox 30 and Windows 8.1)
On Top of small Error box, I get EXE..on top. But Inside the error box "Class not Registered"
Some of the other issues or problems were self inflicted by not researching properly, so to say the least I am being extremely cautious.
I have the same issue with Class not Registered, and looking for some ideas or hopefully the solution. After I try running a windows update and any updates for my virus scan "Defender" which is what I believe windows 8 and 8.1 uses, I am not sure about Vista or Windows 7 have, I never used them. I went right to 8 through a new lap top. Then I got Windows 8.1 (that was about a month ago)
But if anyone does find or even know an answer please reply as soon as you are able, anyone else who may just be reading, if someone gets anything that did work for them, Please Let me know. Due to time I couldn't read through more Forum suggestions or links that may work for My Error EXE. "Class Not Registered" :) BUT will return later in day. Maybe anything I found an answer for I can pass on. i Have had plenty issues since I had a type of crash (Or whatever it was when I was online with a Tech from Microsoft and and he had it so both of us could control the Arrow cursor, I double checked phone number for MS and it checked out legit, That was the beginning of many days of constant repairing That was back around July 6th 2014 Thanks to everyone who even just reads this, BuddyD
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
This is might because of your prior change in softwares. so first you have to do run sfc in run command. and then you see the specific problem which causes this . Since System File Checker (sfc) scan will make Windows replace corrupt or missing system files on your computer.
- Click Start>All Programs>Accessories>right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted.
- In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:
sfc /scannow Refer this KB article for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
See this is not a problem of firefox till now. You can check more with microsoft answers site.
Please contact Microsoft support or a Windows 8 support forum for help with those issues. Those are not Firefox support issues and might be better handled in a more appropriate place.
I'm closing this thread as off-topic since it isn't related to Firefox support.