Ever since last week up to 2 weeks ago my browser will just freeze for no reason at all and even freezes my computer to where I have to shut it down! Help!
Ever since last week up to 2 weeks ago my Firefox Browser (26.0 Version) will just stop working and say (Not Responding) like ever 5-10 minutes, even reset the browser and even put it in Safe Mode still the same thing happened and it will freeze my computer to where I have to shut it down. Also I have run my Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus, malwarebytes, and superantispyware software (not at the same time obviously) still nothing and run C Cleaner, and then if I am watching a movie, listening to music or playing a game in the browser or Spotify it will say plug-in not working and asks me to shut it down, same thing will long scripts and I don't understand this I am at my wits end what do I do? Because this is becoming ridiculous real quick! Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me answer this question!
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
WARNING: Do not run Firefox's uninstaller or use a third party remover as part of this process, because that could permanently delete your Firefox data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device!