(Mac - OS X) Latest Developer release of 10.9.1 - Firefox will not scroll?
After installing the latest release of Developer release of 10.9.1 on OS X, Firefox 25.01 will no longer scroll - have to use page up/page down menus. Firefox seems to be the only app with this problem.
"(Mac - OS X)" added to title by moderator. aw
由 AliceWyman 於 修改
Thanks for posting that information.
Can you confirm, I understand you saying Firefox has this problem on OS X 10.9.1 but not the current OS X release. Are you testing and comparing both OS X versions e.g on a dual booting machine, or now only have the one.
I am not even sure of the support policy on a development build of OS X, without asking myself (see also), but certainly the heads up will be handy.
To rule out other problems could I ask you to test Firefox in a clean profile and with all plugins disabled. See
- Use an additional profile for testing only.
To keep it clean delete that profiles folder contents after a test.
See Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles
- Good practice is to: (Unless you absolutely understand what you are doing and are able to manually create and amend profiles) Use suggested location. Never nest within another profile, & use only an empty folder. Do not rename or delete profiles.
- You may also be interested in testing in development versions of Firefox if so see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Testing_pre-release_versions#Installing_multiple_versions
I'm not using OS X Mavericks but I did find these Mozilla bug reports filed on scrolling issues on OS X 10.9 which you can look through, for possible workarounds:
- Bug 927702 - [10.9] Two finger swipe gesture fails, breaks subsequent scrolling (Mavericks)
- Bug 934189 - Running OS X 10.9 on iMac8,1 with Firefox 25.0. Apple mouse finger navigation is non-functional
I also found this older thread posted on Apple's forum, in case it helps:
- https://discussions.apple.com/message/23541760#23541760 Mavericks and Firefox scrolling
Hopefully a Mac user will be along with other suggestions.
This problem has only occurred with the beta release (13B40) posted yesterday on the Apple developers forum. Not a problem with other pre-releases. I've also posted to Apple's Bug Report but I'm not sure if this is an Apple problem (I rather think that it is) or Firefox problem with the 25.01 release.
You could consider installing Firefox 24 esr (Windows users have the easier option of the unofficial Firefox portable ).
It may be installed as an additional browser, and be given its own Firefox profile. If you use the -no-remote option on the additional browser you may even run the two versions simultaneously. If you see a fault in only the standard Firefox Release that is an indication the problem may be a regression in the Firefox Release. (I can provide further information on multiple installs of Firefox if required.)
Presumably you do not have facilities to directly compare OS X 9.0.1Development release with the standard Release of OS X 10.9