how to remove do searches virus
DO SEARCHES has hijacked firefox. how do I remove it
You can use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
You can do a search for the do-search domain on the about:config page and reset related prefs via the right-click context menu to the default value.
You can check the target line in the Firefox desktop shortcut (right-click: Properties) to make sure that nothing is appended after the path to the Firefox program.
It sounds like you have a third party program that has taken over your search engine, home page, and/or the default new tab page. Fortunately, this can be remedied easily:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
- Click the remove button.
- Click "Restart now" if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
After Firefox restarts, install the Search Reset Tool. This will remove the rest of the traces of this program from your Firefox.
For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
Did this fix the problem? Let us know!
Alongside the past two posts, check for malware.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.