I have set the options/downloads to store downloads on my "c" drive, but it still stores them in the library. I don't want that. How do I change it?
I have set the download option to store downloads in a file on my "C" drive. Firefox continues to download them to the library. How do I get that changed?
What is the current download location?
- Tools > Options > General: Downloads
Firefox manages downloads in the Downloads folder in the Library (History > Show All History)
- Downloads are treated as history items: clearing history removes included download items and vice verse.
- When downloads are in progress you see an animated download button on the Navigation Toolbar showing an estimate of the remaining time
- The Download button gets a green highlight once all download are finished to make you aware that new downloads are available.
- Pause and Resume can be found in the right-click context menu of an item.
You can display the new Download Manager in a tab by opening the about:downloads page and consider to open this page in a separate window.