"Request timeout" error when uploading photos to Magic Mail server.
I've been using Firefox and the Magic Mail online server for all my email activity for many years with no problems. After recently upgrading to W8.1, I cannot upload photos as attachments to emails. The error I get is "Request Timeout...Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client." The tab shows "connecting" with the circle and dot rotating counterclockwise.
I can upload photos to Magic Mail when using Internet Explorer or Chrome on this computer with no problems.
If I restart the computer, I can upload photos to Magic Mail on Firefox for a while, but it quits working after the computer is put to sleep and reawakened.
I've tried deleting cookies associated with Magic Mail, but that didn't help. Neither did closing and restarting the browser.
I'm using Firefox 40.0.3 and Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates.
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
I think Firefox on my computer was changed to 40.0.3 right after I upgraded to W8.1.
More confusing details:
I can upload photos to my Gmail and photobucket accounts with no problems.
I can upload documents which are around 70Kb. The photos I've been trying to upload are around 1.5Mb. The limit for uploads to Magic Mail is 20Mb.