when time for an update, i must reinstall firefox every time
i have a dell laptop running windows 8. when i turn on and attempt to open firefox when an update is due, firefox will not open, even though i have it set for automatic updates. instead, i must go into internet explorer, search for mozilla firefox and reinstall to get the upgrade and update, then it finally opens. what needs to be done to correct this problem, as it has happened every time an update is signaled on my screen. i might be using firefox when i get a small box notifying me an update is available, but then firefox no longer opens and i cannot get the update without the above procedure.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Do you have any user.js files that will block any auto updates?
Please try these steps in order to troubleshoot the setting that will not save: How to fix preferences that won't save
What security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full, unrestricted, access to install for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.