Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
Solved 已存档

convert 25 characters key like x-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx in a 12 character format xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

spelya

About one year ago I subscribed to Firefox Sync and saved the html that indicatecd a 26 character key. Recently I had problems with Firefox and decided to completely reinstall Firefox 16.0.2. It seems that many of the references to installed plugins followed through the process, but not my "subscription" to Sycn. Now, when I try to join my machine to Firefox Sync, I am asked for a 12 character key. How do I convert ?

About one year ago I subscribed to Firefox Sync and saved the html that indicatecd a 26 character key. Recently I had problems with Firefox and decided to completely reinstall Firefox 16.0.2. It seems that many of the references to installed plugins followed through the process, but not my "subscription" to Sycn. Now, when I try to join my machine to Firefox Sync, I am asked for a 12 character key. How do I convert ?

所有回复 (3)

选择的解决方案

You can't do such a conversion.
The sync key is a real encryption key and the 12 bit code is only a replacement to make it easier to add other devices without adding the details.

To use a 12-character code another device needs to be online and connected to the Sync server.
As you try try to reconnect to an already existing sync account you will have to connect to that account by entering the details manually yourself.

  1. open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
  2. click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
  3. click "I Have an Account" : Connect
  4. click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)

Cor-el, your reply was really helpful. It did work and I was able to recover all those bookmarks that are need for my work.

Thanks !!!

You're welcome