Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
Open

Recurring Issue with Attachment Button in Thunderbird Desktop

Vishwadeep Mukherjee

Dear Support Team,

I am facing a recurring issue with the Attachment button in the Thunderbird Desktop application for the past few days.

When I click the Attachment button while composing an email, it does not respond or open the file selection window. However, I am able to attach files successfully by using drag and drop.

After some troubleshooting, I found that deleting the mail.compose.attach.dir preference from the Thunderbird Config Editor resolves the issue temporarily. Once I delete this preference, the Attachment button starts working normally again.

However, after some time, the same issue reappears, and I have to repeat the process of deleting mail.compose.attach.dir from the Config Editor.

Could you please advise on a permanent solution to prevent this issue from recurring? I would appreciate it if you could also let me know whether this is a known Thunderbird issue and if there is any recommended configuration change, update, or fix available.

Thank you for your assistance.

Dear Support Team, I am facing a recurring issue with the Attachment button in the Thunderbird Desktop application for the past few days. When I click the Attachment button while composing an email, it does not respond or open the file selection window. However, I am able to attach files successfully by using drag and drop. After some troubleshooting, I found that deleting the mail.compose.attach.dir preference from the Thunderbird Config Editor resolves the issue temporarily. Once I delete this preference, the Attachment button starts working normally again. However, after some time, the same issue reappears, and I have to repeat the process of deleting mail.compose.attach.dir from the Config Editor. Could you please advise on a permanent solution to prevent this issue from recurring? I would appreciate it if you could also let me know whether this is a known Thunderbird issue and if there is any recommended configuration change, update, or fix available. Thank you for your assistance.

所有回复 (1)

This is a recently discovered bug. The symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder now no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window, as you discovered.

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In <Settings | General | Config Editor> search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:\).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it (this step might not be necessary.)

我要提问

您需要登录才能回复。如果您还没账号,可以提出新问题。