Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
Solved

Thunderbird suddenly not connecting to gmail imap / setting up new gmail fails

branden.bb

As of a few days ago, I have the latest thunderbird installed and can't say when this began happening, but despite it working for years with two gmail accounts, neither gmail account will now sync / connect and it has authorization issues.

I've then tried running thunderbird in a sandbox / uninstalling / reinstalling / deleting the user profile / registry entries, you name it...when setting up a gmail account in thunderbird, an error of "Authentication error. Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password." come up, despite the password being verified as correct.

If I manually setup gmail using the gmail settings, of imap.gmail.com / port 993 and SSL / TLS and Oauth2, and do a test, I'm met with "Connection to server.imap.gmail.com:993 failed"

Nothing has changed on my computer in the time leading up to this not working. No windows updates performed...no changes to the firewall etc. You name it. I've checked it all.

Strange! Any ideas? Thanks!

As of a few days ago, I have the latest thunderbird installed and can't say when this began happening, but despite it working for years with two gmail accounts, neither gmail account will now sync / connect and it has authorization issues. I've then tried running thunderbird in a sandbox / uninstalling / reinstalling / deleting the user profile / registry entries, you name it...when setting up a gmail account in thunderbird, an error of "Authentication error. Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password." come up, despite the password being verified as correct. If I manually setup gmail using the gmail settings, of imap.gmail.com / port 993 and SSL / TLS and Oauth2, and do a test, I'm met with "Connection to server.imap.gmail.com:993 failed" Nothing has changed on my computer in the time leading up to this not working. No windows updates performed...no changes to the firewall etc. You name it. I've checked it all. Strange! Any ideas? Thanks!
定位到答案原位置

选择的解决方案

Doh! This is embarrassing! Turns out something weird happened with my router! I reset the router and it's working fine. I'm guessing the DNS got messed up on the router somehow. Sorry!

SOLVED.

所有回复 (3)

Additionally if using the account hub wizard, and trying to add a gmail account using imap, it'll say "Waiting for authorization in login popup" but no pop up comes up. Then says "Authentication error" / "Unable to log in at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password."

(it's also occurring on multiple computers, not just the one...)

选择的解决方案

Doh! This is embarrassing! Turns out something weird happened with my router! I reset the router and it's working fine. I'm guessing the DNS got messed up on the router somehow. Sorry!

SOLVED.

我要提问

您需要登录才能回复。如果您还没账号,可以提出新问题。