Blue rotating disc appears when I select inbox on my gmail email address on thunderbird
When I have opened thunderbird in the last few days a blue rotating disc appears when I select my gmail inboxes. It does not appear when I select my non gmail accounts. I checked my account thru firefox and it appears some emails are not now downloading to Thunderbird. Also today when sending a mail from my gmail account on thunderbird a message comes up say that it cannot save the mail to my sent box although I have reason to believe that it still actually sends the email as I have tested this by sending a mail to one of my non gmail accounts and it was received. Is there a problem with Thunderbird and gmail accounts at present as this has never happened before. I use a imac by the way. many thanks John
In order for us to better investigate this issue you need to add a little more non-personal information.
Please add the troubleshooting information to your post To find the Troubleshooting information:
- Open Help (or click on three-line-icon and select Help)
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Use the button Copy to clipboard to select all. Do not check box "Include account names"!
- Paste this in your post.
Please also add the result of these troubleshooting steps to your post
- Does Thunderbird work in TB Safe mode (see Thunderbird Safe Mode)?
- Do you use anti-virus and firewall software? What is the version?
- Who is the email provider?
- Who is the internet provider?
- What is the exact error message?