I have just reset Firefox using the RESET button and lost all my 'remembered' logins and passwords? How do I recover them please?
As above used the Firefox reset button and seem to have lost all my automatic logins+password and by the looks of it all my bookmarks. The browser is far faster but I'd like to recover the login & password info. In the Old Firefox data file there are logins.json and key3.db but I don't know how to access these, if they contain the required data. If you could help I would be grateful.
I have just found the answer in Security and 'saved passwords' so they were not 'lost'. Sorry to be so ignorant !!!!!在上下文中阅读这个答案 👍 0
I have just found the answer in Security and 'saved passwords' so they were not 'lost'. Sorry to be so ignorant !!!!!
When you use the Refresh feature in Firefox then a new profile is created and some personal data (bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, form data, tabs) is automatically imported. The current profile folder will be moved to an "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop. Installed extensions and other customizations (toolbars, prefs) that you have made are lost and need to be redone.
It is possible to recover data from the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
You can copy files like these to the current Firefox profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- SQLite files like cookies.sqlite (cookies) and formhistory.sqlite (saved form data)
- logins.json and key3.db (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- cert8.db and possibly cert_override.txt for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for Permissions and Site Preferences
- sessionstore.js for open tabs and pinned tabs and tab groups