Windows 10 已于2025年10月14日停止支持。如果您正在使用 Windows 10,参见 这篇文章。

Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

搜索 | 用户支持

防范以用户支持为名的诈骗。我们绝对不会要求您拨打电话或发送短信,及提供任何个人信息。请使用“举报滥用”选项报告涉及违规的行为。

详细了解
已存档

How can I totally UNINSTALL "start a conversation" and "share this page"? (not merely disable them)

Azaelia

These two new "features" are vulnerable to privacy problems and should have been add-ons rather than forced onto the Firefox community. Is there a way to truly UNINSTALL them or can they only be disabled (and thus perhaps re-enabled without the user's knowledge) ?

Using Firefox 36.0.1

These two new "features" are vulnerable to privacy problems and should have been add-ons rather than forced onto the Firefox community. Is there a way to truly UNINSTALL them or can they only be disabled (and thus perhaps re-enabled without the user's knowledge) ? Using Firefox 36.0.1

所有回复 (3)

These actually aren't privacy problems, if you don't want to use them don't use them. They are wrappers for new HTML5 technology in Firefox already. Simply remove them from the toolbar and you never have to worry about it!

That's not really what I have in mind. Another person reported that when the icons for them were removed from the toolbar, they came back spontaneously. I want the possibility gone, not merely hidden. Thanks for any help.

Azaelia said

That's not really what I have in mind. Another person reported that when the icons for them were removed from the toolbar, they came back spontaneously. I want the possibility gone, not merely hidden. Thanks for any help.

There was a bug in firefox 36 that made the buttons come back when you installed the new version. This problem has been fixed, and future updates won't do this.