Showing questions for topic:

Thunderbird suddenly stopped receiving AT&T email ?

Earlier today I was able to access my AT&T email using Thunderbird. I have several email addresses & they worked. But later on I could not download any AT&T e… (مزید پڑھیں)

Earlier today I was able to access my AT&T email using Thunderbird. I have several email addresses & they worked. But later on I could not download any AT&T email. Interesting that my gmail address still works with TB.

I tried a few things - An AT&T address can send to the gmail address & the gmail does receive it. The gmail can send to an AT&T address. The gmail indicates it was sent, but the AT&T address never receives it.

It seems to be an AT&T problem so I went to the AT&T site & deleted the Secure Mail Key an created a new one. Did this on just one address. It can still send to the gmail address, however it still cannot receive anything.

When trying to receive any AT&T email, at the bottom of the screen it displays my address & “Connected to inbound.att .net”. That would seem to indicate I'm connected but just cannot get my email.

And suggestions on how to get TB working with AT&T email? Thanks.

Open 2 3

Thunderbird will not download yahoo emails

Hello, Everything working just fine last night. Wake up and Thunderbird will not retrieve emails. Remembered this old message I got so I went through and deleted my seco… (مزید پڑھیں)

Hello,

Everything working just fine last night. Wake up and Thunderbird will not retrieve emails.

Remembered this old message I got so I went through and deleted my second email address, didn't help.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-yahoo

Checked all settings compared to Yahoo, still won't download messages. I can even send a message with my current settings no problem, and it does login, just won't retrieve emails. Gives me a connection timeout.

Anyone have any ideas?

Open 13 141

Thunderbird suddenly not forwarding

I have a filter setup to forward certain emails to another account. It has been working fine for years. Suddenly today I am getting an error message about not being able… (مزید پڑھیں)

I have a filter setup to forward certain emails to another account. It has been working fine for years. Suddenly today I am getting an error message about not being able to contact the smtp server. If I manually forward the email to that same address it goes fine.

Solved 1

I cannot bring mail from AT&T into my Thunderbird app on my home computer, what could be the issue.

I open Thunderbird and click on get messages and emails are not coming into Thunderbird from AT&T. It worked perfectly yesterday but today we are encountering this is… (مزید پڑھیں)

I open Thunderbird and click on get messages and emails are not coming into Thunderbird from AT&T. It worked perfectly yesterday but today we are encountering this issue. There was no changes to the application since yesterday. Thunderbird is online I clicked the icon at the bottom it shows when it is offline. I contacted AT&T and they said things were working on their side. What are possible things I can do to fix this issue

Open 3

thunderbird is not downloading emails from yahoo

I have three separate Yahoo email accounts. I set up Thunderbird to link to each Yahoo email account separately. It worked fine for a year or more. On 5/25/26 one of the … (مزید پڑھیں)

I have three separate Yahoo email accounts. I set up Thunderbird to link to each Yahoo email account separately. It worked fine for a year or more. On 5/25/26 one of the three Thunderbird email accounts stopped downloading emails from Yahoo. I could see at the bottom bar Thunderbird indicating that is was downloading 1 of XX emails, but never actually downloads them. There is no error message. I checked the Yahoo email account to verify the number of emails I am missing from Thunderbird and the number is correct. I can see the emails in Yahoo. I'm the only person using Thunderbird, so no changes have been made to previous settings for retrieval. I confirmed Security and server settings for Thunderbird in and out going emails, and Yahoo are correct. I tested the connection in Thunderbird, and the connection is successful. I tried to send an email from the Thunderbird account having issues, and the email was sent and received by the recipient. The recipient replied, and Yahoo received the email, but failed to download it to Thunderbird...along with all the other emails since 5/25/26. I unlinked the account and reestablished the link between Yahoo and Thunderbird, and still not fixed. I tried restarting the computer, with no change. I tried to send an email from Thunderbird to one of the other Thunderbird emails and it was sent and received. I made changes to Thunderbird to force the download of emails, and it still wouldn't do it. I turned off my antivirus, closed Thunderbird, and restarted it, and that didn't change anything. The capacity of emails on the email in question only has 739 emails, so it's not over the limit and I have plenty of storage capacity. Thunderbird is set to save emails, Cookies and cache were cleared, no change. I ran the folder repair feature in Thunderbird, but there was no change. I compared all the settings between the other Thunderbird emails that are working against the one that isn't, and they are all the same. There was a suggestion to close out of Thunderbird and delete the "Global-message-db.sqite" file from the Thunderbird profile in case it was corrupted, and it would recreate this file when Thunderbird was restarted. The file was recreated, but it didn't fix the problem. There was mention that a suspicious email in Yahoo might be blocked by Thunderbird, so I placed various emails in the spam folder, and it didn't work. I did find one email in the Yahoo spam folder that was dated before 5/25/26 and moved it to the Yahoo inbox. Lo and behold, that one email downloaded to Thunderbird. So there is something within Thunderbird preventing emails from downloading after 5/25/26. I've read many people complain about similar download failures with no solid fix. Someone mentioned it fixed itself on a day, but then stopped again days later. Someone else mentioned Yahoo changed its password protocol to transfer emails, but that doesn't make sense since the other two are still downloading based on the "old" password protocol. I'm at wits' end. Thanks for reading all of this. I hope someone has a solution.

Solved 19 4 192

Get Messages button quit working

Suddenly and without warning, Thunderbird is no longer able to get messages. It just says DONE. Trying to get messages even from the menu bar does nothing. It doesn't pr… (مزید پڑھیں)

Suddenly and without warning, Thunderbird is no longer able to get messages. It just says DONE. Trying to get messages even from the menu bar does nothing. It doesn't prompt me for anything. Composing and sending work fine! I know it's an old OS Win7, but my other Win7 machines work fine. I'm afraid to do an uninstall and reinstall and lose very important messages. Can someone please help? Thanks so much! Jack116.0

Open 1

Hello, I am having a problem with Thunderbird on Windows when connecting my Gmail/Google Workspace account through IMAP.

Hello, I am having a problem with Thunderbird on Windows when connecting my Gmail/Google Workspace account through IMAP. The Google account authentication completes succe… (مزید پڑھیں)

Hello,

I am having a problem with Thunderbird on Windows when connecting my Gmail/Google Workspace account through IMAP.

The Google account authentication completes successfully and Thunderbird appears to connect to the account, but no email messages are displayed in the Inbox.

Here is what I have checked so far:

I am using Thunderbird on Windows. The email account is a Gmail/Google Workspace account. The account has been added to Thunderbird successfully. I signed in through Google's normal authentication/OAuth process. The account shows as connected in Thunderbird. IMAP is enabled and working on the Gmail side. Gmail webmail works normally and all my emails are visible there. Thunderbird displays the account and its folders. However, the Inbox contains no messages at all. I have checked the Subscribe section, but it does not show additional folders that I can subscribe to. I have already removed and re-added the account. I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled Thunderbird and signed in again. The same problem remains after the fresh installation. The problem is therefore not simply that the account cannot authenticate; Thunderbird appears to connect, but it is not downloading/displaying the messages.

I would like to understand what could be preventing Thunderbird from synchronizing the Gmail IMAP mailbox.

Could this be related to:

Thunderbird's IMAP synchronization/cache, the Gmail IMAP folder/root settings, the Thunderbird profile, an IMAP subscription issue, OAuth2 authentication, Gmail's IMAP labels/folder mapping, or a corrupted Thunderbird preference/profile setting?

I would appreciate detailed troubleshooting steps to determine why Thunderbird can connect to the Gmail account but does not populate the Inbox with messages.

I can provide screenshots of the Account Settings, Server Settings, Synchronization & Storage, Gmail IMAP settings, or Thunderbird error/connection logs if required.

Thank you.

Open

I have 2 Thunderbird accounts. I can't send a message out from secondary account.

When I try to send a email from my secondary account I get the following error: A unique identity matching the from address was not found. Message will be sent using the… (مزید پڑھیں)

When I try to send a email from my secondary account I get the following error: A unique identity matching the from address was not found. Message will be sent using the current From field and settings Identity. In other words my main account sends a message to my secondary account. When I try to use secondary account I get the error message. The secondary account does not work now.

Open

Not able to recieve emails

Good day, I have a site that I use for my Tia Chi Walking classes and lately I'm not receiving any communications from them. I've reported the issue to their support team… (مزید پڑھیں)

Good day,

I have a site that I use for my Tia Chi Walking classes and lately I'm not receiving any communications from them. I've reported the issue to their support team and they responded with this error they've received when they try to send an email to me from the site: https://esmerise.com

smtp; 421 4.4.1 Unable to connect to remote host | 421 | TransientCommunicationFailure

The email address that I use is from my ISP Spectrum.net, however I use Thunderbird to sync all my emails. I contacted Spectrum support and they are not seeing this error, all emails appear to be coming through with them.

Please advise if anyone has experienced this issue and if so, how was it resolved.

Thank you Billie

Solved 2

Host contacted sending login information

Everything has been working normally for years until today. I cant retrieve emails from ATT servers and the only message is "Host contacted sending login information". It… (مزید پڑھیں)

Everything has been working normally for years until today. I cant retrieve emails from ATT servers and the only message is "Host contacted sending login information". It hangs for 30 seconds and then nothing... No error message is displayed. I read a similar post and tried following the back and forth, but didnt find any solution. What I have tried: -Copied an old backup copy of a profile into the default. -Checked the server settings and tried the option of using a password instead of OAUTH2. -Created a new profile and set it as the default.

Each time I had to restore the profile by copying a recent profile backup into the default

No luck with any of these steps.

Solved 3 2

Unable to set up Outlook POP3 or IMAP mail account in Thunderbird

For the past 30 years I have had an e-mail account with FreeNetName in the UK, which during that time moved to Madasafish and then PlusNet. I have always run the account … (مزید پڑھیں)

For the past 30 years I have had an e-mail account with FreeNetName in the UK, which during that time moved to Madasafish and then PlusNet.

I have always run the account on Thunderbird as POP3.

I've just moved the account to GoDaddy and set up an Outlook e-mail account with them.

I'm unable to set up Thunderbird on POP3 or IMAP to be able to access my e-mails, despite having followed numerous articles.

When trying to complete set-up, I get the error: "Configuration could not be verified. If your username and password are correct, it’s likely that the server administrator has disabled the selected configuration for your account. Try selecting another protocol."

Within the Outlook settings, the "Let devices and apps use POP" slider is greyed out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Open 1

Thunderbird is downloading new messages but failing to display them

Thunderbird is downloading new messages but failing to display them. Other functionality remains active, ie I can see and open messages, delete all the contents of folde… (مزید پڑھیں)

Thunderbird is downloading new messages but failing to display them.

Other functionality remains active, ie I can see and open messages, delete all the contents of folders, compose and send messages, but when the software downloads new messages they simply do not display and cannot be accessed.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the message INBOX count appears to be stuck at the number 59, although more messages than that have been downloaded.

Bizarrely this is the message displayed whenever I now open the Thunderbird application (it was there when the problem first appeared and returns everytime). Out of desperation I even made a donation in the hope it would release the messages!

Thank you in advance, Steve Davidson

Open 13 10

Thunderbird is deleting emails in my inbox, it only retains 14 days, this is only happening on 1 computer but not on my other one, it started randomly 6 weeks ago

Thunderbird is deleting emails in my inbox, it only retains 14 days, this is only happening on 1 computer but not on my other one, it started randomly 6 weeks ago, when i… (مزید پڑھیں)

Thunderbird is deleting emails in my inbox, it only retains 14 days, this is only happening on 1 computer but not on my other one, it started randomly 6 weeks ago, when it deleted over 1000 emails , i know they are on the server because i can access them from another pc. every other folder is fine just the inbox.

Open 1