Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

تلاش سپورٹ

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

مزید سیکھیں
آرکائیو شدہ

Firefox boots slow after upgrading to v28

dkarnout

After upgrading to v28, firefox boots in 8secs instead of 1sec, only when I "Use hardware acceleration when available". My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, with 335.23 drivers installed. The problem occurs in soft and hard boot (even if i close firefox and re-execute it.)

Is there something I could do?

After upgrading to v28, firefox boots in 8secs instead of 1sec, only when I "Use hardware acceleration when available". My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, with 335.23 drivers installed. The problem occurs in soft and hard boot (even if i close firefox and re-execute it.) Is there something I could do?

تمام جوابات (4)

Try the Beta version to see if it's working or not. Tell us the results.

No improvement with beta...

Tried also with nightly 31 64-bit and with waterfox 28 64-bit and had the same results.

If hardware acceleration in Firefox isn't working properly then you will have to disable it and possibly check if there is an update for the graphics display driver.