Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

تلاش سپورٹ

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

مزید سیکھیں
آرکائیو شدہ

Use One Profile from Windows and Chromebook?

Diver4242

I'm trying to transition from a Windows laptop to a Chromebook. If I move my Thunderbird profile to my Google Drive and have that mirrored on the Windows laptop, can I switch between using Thunderbird between the Windows and Chromebook machines, as long as I'm only logged into one of them at a time, of course? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm assuming there's a Chromebook app for Thunderbird, correct me if wrong.

I'm trying to transition from a Windows laptop to a Chromebook. If I move my Thunderbird profile to my Google Drive and have that mirrored on the Windows laptop, can I switch between using Thunderbird between the Windows and Chromebook machines, as long as I'm only logged into one of them at a time, of course? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm assuming there's a Chromebook app for Thunderbird, correct me if wrong.

تمام جوابات (3)

There is no Android version of Thunderbird. Even if there were, cloud drives are not advisable nor is it advisable to share Thunderbird data profile between systems.

But you can remote desktop from chromebook into your Windows system https://www.groovypost.com/howto/remotely-control-windows-10-chromebook/

If you set up your accounts as IMAP on the Chromebook, using whatever mail app is available, and also in TB, the mail is synced between all devices. That accomplishes the most significant requirement of 'sharing the profile', and further syncing can be done for calendars and contacts, which is especially easy with Google accounts.