Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Архівовано

Disable automatic downloads

ISK

On my android how do I prevent Firefox from automatically downloading?

Chrome and others have a 'ask first' toggle.

Thanks

On my android how do I prevent Firefox from automatically downloading? Chrome and others have a 'ask first' toggle. Thanks

Усі відповіді (4)

Hi

Just to clarify, are you trying to stop updates to Firefox for Android downloading, or are you trying to stop files downloading when you are using Firefox for Android?

Hi thanks for your reply.

I am trying to stop downloads when browsing using Firefox.

Basically I was browsing one day and a file downloaded without my knowledge. I don't want that to happen again.

Other browsers have the option that nothing will download without asking first and awaiting confirmation from me. I see no such option on Firefox for android.

Many thanks.

I am not aware of any way to do that. To trigger a download, either a link would be tapped on a page to start it, or content would be long pressed and then a download would be selected.

I have a idea, if you really what to disable auto download you can delete the value of "browser.download.preferred.application/vnd...archive" in about:config therefore when a download triggered the system will ask you which Downloader you what to use just click Firefox icon and choose something like "just this time" to start download