Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Шукати в статтях підтримки

Остерігайтеся нападів зловмисників. Mozilla ніколи не просить вас зателефонувати, надіслати номер телефону у повідомленні або поділитися з кимось особистими даними. Будь ласка, повідомте про підозрілі дії за допомогою меню “Повідомити про зловживання”

Докладніше
Ця тема перенесена в архів. Якщо вам потрібна допомога, запитайте.
Вирішено Архівовано

How can I copy the actual url from a search result onto the clipboard?

Rick216

When one does a Google search and clicks on a result, the actual url it initially displays in the address box is a long one that gives information to the website, including the search terms used. Then a moment later it reverts to the site's actual url.

In some cases I would prefer to go *directly* to that actual url. I know that I can *see* the actual url for the site before clicking, by hovering over the applicable search result. While hovering the actual url is displayed in the Status Bar.

But it is an inconvenient "solution" to have to write down the displayed actual url, and then type it in manually. Is there a method (or addon) I can use that will let me copy the actual url to the clipboard so that I can then paste it in the address bar?

Thanks.

When one does a Google search and clicks on a result, the actual url it initially displays in the address box is a long one that gives information to the website, including the search terms used. Then a moment later it reverts to the site's actual url. In some cases I would prefer to go *directly* to that actual url. I know that I can *see* the actual url for the site before clicking, by hovering over the applicable search result. While hovering the actual url is displayed in the Status Bar. But it is an inconvenient "solution" to have to write down the displayed actual url, and then type it in manually. Is there a method (or addon) I can use that will let me copy the actual url to the clipboard so that I can then paste it in the address bar? Thanks.

Змінено Rick216

Усі відповіді (2)

Вибране рішення

hi rick, maybe an addon like https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/google-search-link-fix/ can help you with that.

That did the trick, philipp! Thanks! And that's the ONLY addon I have that doesn't have the "Legacy" tag. (I'm dreading the arrival of Firefox 57, as the issues solved by my other 14 addons are higher priority to me than this one.)

For the record, I see now that "original" urls resulting from a Google search do not always include the search terms as I had originally thought, though they *are* always hugely longer than the actual url, with "zillions" of extra characters.

Змінено Rick216