Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla Destek’te Ara

Destek dolandırıcılığından kaçının. Mozilla sizden asla bir telefon numarasını aramanızı, mesaj göndermenizi veya kişisel bilgilerinizi paylaşmanızı istemez. Şüpheli durumları “Kötüye kullanım bildir” seçeneğini kullanarak bildirebilirsiniz.

Daha Fazlasını Öğren
Arşivlendi

Why will Firefox 4.0 not run on my PPC (non Intel) Mac (running Tiger OS)?

rdocter

I just downloaded the new 4.0 Firefox, and when I attempt to launch the program, I get the following message: "You cannot open the application "Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture.

I just downloaded the new 4.0 Firefox, and when I attempt to launch the program, I get the following message: "You cannot open the application "Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture.

Tüm Yanıtlar (5)

Firefox 4 requires an Intel Mac. If you are still interested in Firefox 4, you can try http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/ but that is not created or supported by Mozilla. If you want to go back to 3.6, you can download it here http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.16/mac/en-US/

I have the same problem! I've tried to fix it and in the process I've eliminated all firefox. Now all I have is safari!

Thanks, this is what I expected. I did look carefully thru the download site for a notice on compatibility with PPC-based Macs, and did not find any. I'd suggest adding this for other users (unless I missed it, but then it is not obvious enough). Richard

Thanks for the link, a heads up on the requirements would have just saved me 20 minutes of my life