My right click menu has changed from "Search Google for (selected text)" to Search Yahoo. How do I change it back?
I like using Google more than Yahoo. I would like to change my right click menu options to search using Google.
The Contextual menu (right-click) uses the engine that is selected in the Search bar, change it there.Read this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
எப்பொழுது இது துவங்கப்பட்டது...
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
The Contextual menu (right-click) uses the engine that is selected in the Search bar, change it there.
You can check the value of the pref browser.search.selectedEngine on the about:config page and change it to Google.
Both of these things worked. Thank you both so much! I didn't have the Search bar on my toolbar and it only seemed to work when I added it. But when I used the about:config, it worked fine and I didn't have to clutter up my toolbar with an unwanted box. Thank you both again!!
Is it possible to have two contextual search engines specified? I presume this would require them both to be in the toolbar. How would I do this? In about:config?
Sorry, there is no preference for having two search engines active at the same time in the search bar, and to appear together on the context menu. It's possible there is an add-on for that feature, but I am not aware of one.