Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Претражи подршку

Избегните преваре подршке. Никада од вас нећемо тражити да зовете или шаљете поруке на број или да делите личне податке. Пријавите сумњиве радње преко „Пријавите злоупотребу” опције.

Сазнај више
Solved Архивирано

New windows open with different toolbars (and missing URL bar)

dms666

When I select the "New Window" button or "Open in New Window" from the context menu, a new Firefox window opens - however, the toolbars are completely different from the original open window. Specifically, the URL location bar is missing.

I can add it back, but the change then modifies my original toolbar setup.

More bad behavior: Even if I modify the new window back to the way I wanted it, new windows opened from that window revert back to the modified version, with no location toolbar.

When I select the "New Window" button or "Open in New Window" from the context menu, a new Firefox window opens - however, the toolbars are completely different from the original open window. Specifically, the URL location bar is missing. I can add it back, but the change then modifies my original toolbar setup. More bad behavior: Even if I modify the new window back to the way I wanted it, new windows opened from that window revert back to the modified version, with no location toolbar.

Измењено од стране dms666

Прочитајте овај одговор са објашњењем

Одабрано решење

You can try:


Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Сви одговори (5)

I think your problem is Corrupt localstore.rdf -- take a picture of your toolbars so you'll know how you want them to look after you get rid of your localstore.rdf when Firefox is down, Firefox will create a new one when it starts, which you will have to customize.

Didn't work. Also, that bug is listed as being fixed back in Version 2.something.

Tried deleting the file. Then created new profile. Deleted the file again. Same problem.

Одабрано решење

You can try:


Start Firefox in Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

Problem solved!

I went through and one-by-one tested the add-ons. Sure enough I found the culprit. It was the Shareholic extension. I disabled it and everything works fine now. Too bad, I like that program.

Thanks!