Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Iskanje po podpori

Izogibajte se prevarantski tehnični podpori. Nikoli vam ne bomo naročili, da pokličete telefonsko številko ali nam pošljete osebne podatke. Sumljivo dejavnost prijavite z gumbom »Prijavi zlorabo«.

Več o tem
Arhivirano

How do I disable passkey support?

Shad Sterling

I don't want to use passkeys, and it seems that every site is checking browser support and wasting my time with passkey prompts before allowing me to log in with a password. How do I disable passkey support in Firefox?

I don't want to use passkeys, and it seems that every site is checking browser support and wasting my time with passkey prompts before allowing me to log in with a password. How do I disable passkey support in Firefox?

Vsi odgovori (5)

Try to enter about:config in the address bar and set security.webauthn.enable_macos_passkeys to false.

TyDraniu said

Try to enter about:config in the address bar and set security.webauthn.enable_macos_passkeys to false.

I was able to set that setting, now I guess I'll wait and see if I stop getting annoyed by those prompts.

What will I need to do when I'm not on a mac?

Nope, some sites are still prompting for passkey creation, including homedepot.com

Did you close (Quit Firefox) and restart Firefox after changing the pref?

I have same issue. No idea why pref is only for mac. Changing it on windows and restarting browser does absolutely nothing. This is annoying because I confuse passkey info with saved credentials or create password popup. Only way to disable it, is to completely disable autofill.

Spremenil Piterk