PDFs pages blank and The Flyover newslwtters not arriving in my mailbox since Firefox update
Recently PDF files appear blank on the screen in Firefox, but are fine if I use Microsoft Edge.
Recently PDF files appear blank on the screen in Firefox, but are fine if I use Microsoft Edge.
I am using Firefox 157.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10. When I browse papers on https://www.sciencedirect.com(https://www.sciencedirect.com) and click the "View PDF" button, t… (ďalšie informácie)
I am using Firefox 157.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10. When I browse papers on https://www.sciencedirect.com(https://www.sciencedirect.com) and click the "View PDF" button, the page that opens is completely blank. The same PDF loads normally in Microsoft Edge.
I have already tried troubleshooting steps: I cleared cookies for this website and disabled Enhanced Tracking Protection for [sciencedirect.com](https://sciencedirect.com), but the blank page issue still exists.
Thank you for your attention and assistance.
After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, A… (ďalšie informácie)
After the last Firefox update, I can no longer open download files (PDFs) from websites in Mac Default Viewer. I have tried the other settings such as open with Adobe, Ask, etc., but they continue to only open in the browser. For work, I download hundreds of documents from a county site, so having them open in my default viewer when I click the link was very useful for a productive work flow. I have tried to open files with my viewer from other sites, but it fails with those too. My tech team tried to help but seems to be a Firefox issue. Settings - Downloads - Files and Applications - PDF - Use Preview (or anything else) is not working. Firefox 157.01, Apple M2 Pro, Tahoe 26.6.2.
Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but con… (ďalšie informácie)
Firefox just updated to 157.0 and will no longer open PDFs in a default viewer even when I change the settings. My setting say they are set to open in Mac Viewer, but continue to open in browser. I even tried to set it to open in Adobe still opens in my browser.
I use Firefox to read a lot of PDFs. Some of the documents have their own internal sections embedded into them. Because of this, Firefox PDF organizes the page numbers in… (ďalšie informácie)
I use Firefox to read a lot of PDFs. Some of the documents have their own internal sections embedded into them. Because of this, Firefox PDF organizes the page numbers in a strange way. Instead of just page 1 through page 112, each section will have its own numbers starting over from 1. Thus, when I try to skip to page 3, it doesn't actually bring me to page 3 of the entire document, it brings me to page 3 of whatever section I'm in.
A large part of my job is digging through documents, and I don't have time to try and figure out which section of the document I'm in. I need page 3 to be the actual page 3. And I refuse to go back to Edge or Adobe.
I know there's a way to fix this in about:config because I've done it before on a previous computer, but I recently got a new computer and all my settings are gone. How to I turn on just regular page numbers in about:config?
Ich öffne ein PDF File in Firefox. Er wird in Firefox angezeigt und sofort öffnet sich die Datei zusätzlich Adobe Acrobat. Das soll es nicht. Ich habe geändert: - in fir… (ďalšie informácie)
Ich öffne ein PDF File in Firefox. Er wird in Firefox angezeigt und sofort öffnet sich die Datei zusätzlich Adobe Acrobat. Das soll es nicht. Ich habe geändert: - in firefox im Menu download: PDF öffnen: Firefox - in Windows 11 Standard APP für PDF: Firefox - in Windows 11 Standard Browser: Firefox
Ich weiss nicht, wo ich jetzt noch die Einstellungen ändern kann, damit sich eine PDF Datei nur in Firefox öffnet und nicht automatisch nochmal Acrobat.
The "New" PDF previewer sucks, can we revert to the old one that actually worked ?! It's a "Preview" , maybe don't try to open everything and BE a PDF program inside the… (ďalšie informácie)
The "New" PDF previewer sucks, can we revert to the old one that actually worked ?! It's a "Preview" , maybe don't try to open everything and BE a PDF program inside the browser, the whole point is to get a "Quick" look so you can decide to open , or, delete it ! This is as Bad as MS Edge trying to take over for PDF's , Revert this change, or Give us a way to choose to use the old way ! Thank you.
Hi, I added some annotations to a PDF using Okular on CachyOS. When I open the PDF in Chromium’s built-in PDF viewer, the annotations appear in the correct positions, jus… (ďalšie informácie)
Hi,
I added some annotations to a PDF using Okular on CachyOS. When I open the PDF in Chromium’s built-in PDF viewer, the annotations appear in the correct positions, just as they do in Okular. I also checked using a few online PDF viewers, and the annotations display correctly there too.
However, when I open the PDF in Firefox, all the annotations appear in different positions than they do in Okular.
Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1 When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image p… (ďalšie informácie)
Firefox 157.0 (aarch64) macOS Tahoe 26.7.1
When I click on the link to a PDF to open it in Firefox and click on the Save icon in the file viewing UI (see attached image pdf-save-icon.png) to save it to my local device, no File Save dialog box opens and nothing happens.
If I right click on the link to the file instead of opening the file, the file is saved silently to the Downloads folder with a name that ends in .pdf.part (see attached image filename.png). That typically indicates a partial, failed download, but in this case, if I remove the .part from the filename, the result is a viable PDF.
Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just ope… (ďalšie informácie)
Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just opens in Firefox. I have changed the settings to open downloaded pdfs to Adobe but it still opens in Firefox and does not download. I have tried changing the PDF setting to save automatically and it still does not download or save it just opens in a new tab in Firefox.
Meine gespeicherte PDF Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen Durch das Umstellen Ihres Firefox lassen sich die am Computer gespeicherten PDF nic… (ďalšie informácie)
Meine gespeicherte PDF Dateien lassen sich nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen Durch das Umstellen Ihres Firefox lassen sich die am Computer gespeicherten PDF nicht mehr automatisch mit Firefox öffnen. Ich werde jedes Mal gefragt, womit geöffnet werden soll.
Why isn't this happening when I open PDF files? Usually, there's an option that lets me choose between opening it directly in Firefox or using my PC's default app (Foxit … (ďalšie informácie)
Why isn't this happening when I open PDF files? Usually, there's an option that lets me choose between opening it directly in Firefox or using my PC's default app (Foxit Reader), but it keeps opening directly in Firefox instead.
can firefox convert pdf photo to jpeg
When Fidefox updated to 157, it kept all my settings, but it will not allow my windows default PDF viewer to save and open PDFs automatically. Instead, it uses the Firef… (ďalšie informácie)
When Fidefox updated to 157, it kept all my settings, but it will not allow my windows default PDF viewer to save and open PDFs automatically. Instead, it uses the Firefox PDF viewer - which has improved, but it is not what I would like. I have reset my handlers.json along with trying to force it via about:config. Nothing is working, and it is a hassle.
Version 157.0 broke my ability to do this. I have my default pdf view set to windows default but alas, it opens in FF.
Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do. I did redo all the sett… (ďalšie informácie)
Adobe auto updated. The ability to choose where a PDF is opened or downloaded is now missing. Completely makes FireFox unsuitable for what I do.
I did redo all the settings to 'ask before'. Refreshed FireFox. Tried changing it in the popup where I choose what to print.
What do I need to fix?
So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanen… (ďalšie informácie)
So PDF's can no longer be set to open in Adobe, but it now requires clicking before the document opens in Adobe. No setting whatsoever can change this. Is this a permanent setting? Will have to move to another browser now. What a hassle. Got to move bookmarks, set up home pages etc. Ugh. Bey Firefox....
I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox. As shown in the attached screenshot… (ďalšie informácie)
I am experiencing an issue with Firefox where the Print Preview window automatically opens whenever I open my PPT/PDF file in Firefox.
As shown in the attached screenshot, Firefox immediately displays the Print panel instead of simply opening the document for viewing. I have to manually click Cancel or press Esc every time.
I did not intentionally select the Print option, and I would like Firefox to open the document normally without automatically launching Print Preview.
Could you please investigate this issue and let me know how I can prevent the Print Preview window from opening automatically?
Latest version of Firefox Windows 11 26H5