In Firefox I choose 'email link' and get Win8.1 mail screen w/no choice of Tbird. What to do?
As above. Choices include OUtlook, Gmail, Yahoo, but no Tbird.
Дополнительные сведения о системе
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Please provide a screenshot of that "Win8.1 mail screen".
See this support article. How do I create a screenshot of my problem? It is best to use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot and make sure that you do not exceed a maximum file size of 1 MB.
Then use the Browse .... button below the Post a Reply text box to upload the screenshot.
Relative to settings or choices within Firefox, see this support article. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-program-used-open-email-links
That looks like a screen for "default web mail", not for "Default Programs". Thunderbird needs to be set as the Default Program for email in Windows for it to appear in Firefox as an email client for you to select.
I'm going to move this thread over to the Thunderbird support questions queue.