How to disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer
No one has helped translate this article yet. If you already know how localizing for SUMO works, start translating now. If you want to learn how to translate articles for SUMO, please start here.
Third-party PDF viewers are available, if you prefer not to use the Firefox built-in viewer. To switch from the built-in PDF viewer to another viewer:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry and select the PDF viewer you wish to use.
- Note: If you want to view PDF files in Firefox using a plugin, instead of in an external PDF reader application, select Use PDF plugin name (in Firefox). For more information, see View PDF files in Firefox.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.