Firefox has slowed down
I have noticed that my Firefox browser has become so slow that it is nearly unusable.
I have noticed that Mozilla has been offering their VPN for $5/month. Has the company slowed down the browser to sell this feature?
Or is there something in the Microsoft updates that have slowed down the browser.
I really like Firefox but I have reverted Chrome simply to get my work done without waiting for Firefox to load. I really am not a big fan of Google and I really find Microsoft to be, well, Microsoft.
All Replies (1)
I experienced this problem - Firefox running slowly, Windows 10 20H2, latest updates. However what is really weird is that other Windows user profiles on the same computer did not have the problem - problem was specific to one Windows user profile on the same computer. Deleting and recreating Firefox profiles did not fix. Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox did not fix. The only thing that worked was to delete the problematic Windows user profile:
1. VERY IMPORTANT: Back up ALL data (Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc.) in problematic Windows user profile - you HAVE TO DO THIS because step 4 deletes ALL of this data
2. Create a local administrator account on the machine
3. Reboot to ensure no Windows profiles in use
3. Log in as local administrator account
4. Right-click This PC in file explorer/Properties, Advanced System Settings, click Settings under user profiles, delete user profile that had the problem
5. Log off administrator, log on on using the user that had the problem, and restore data from backup
After I did this, Firefox returned to full speed for that user.
IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE THE DATA IN THE USER PROFILE IS BACKED UP BEFORE YOU DO THIS. Deleting the problematic user profile deletes ALL DATA for that user - Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc.