Macos text substition not working in Firefox
I have text substitutions configured on my Macbook (MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 - Preferences - Keyboard - Text).
The substitutions work in other apps/browsers, but not in Firefox (66.0.2).
I'd be grateful for any advice - is this a security setting?
Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, there are several "MacOS only" features that aren't integrated with Firefox and have been languishing on the "to do" list for a long time. I believe this is one of them. Sorry.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.14; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0
Unfortunately, there are several "MacOS only" features that aren't integrated with Firefox and have been languishing on the "to do" list for a long time. I believe this is one of them. Sorry.
I understand the trade-offs Mozilla has to make. Firefox is a multi-platform browser that has a shared code-base and it should act accordingly.
That being said, it should also keep an eye for OS specific features! I'm not asking everything implemented right out of the gate but in due time they should be implemented.
As a developer/power-user, I deeply miss this feature. I switched to Firefox because it's more robust and has a better development cycle. In the end, this feature should be implemented to comply with the OS it's being powered by.
Hi Can, thank you for your comments. Here in support, we can't help much with your request. To submit feature suggestions, you have many choices, depending on your desired style of interaction.
- Mozilla Discourse: https://discourse.mozilla.org/
- If none of the categories seem to fit, try https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/firefox-development
- Reddit (monitored by Mozilla): https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/
- I saw someone created a Change.org petition but I don't know who sees those
Limited Length Comments
- Feedback site: https://qsurvey.mozilla.com/s3/FirefoxInput/
- Twitter (Mozilla official): https://twitter.com/firefox
Bug Tracking System
Thank you outlining the community in such a clear way.
I'll try to make use of it in the best way that I can.