Switching from Google Chrome to Firefox is easy and risk-free! Firefox can automatically import your bookmarks, passwords, history, and other data from Chrome without deleting it or interfering with any of its settings. Give it a try.
- Don't remove Chrome [yet]… We'll need it to import your bookmarks and other data.
- (Optional) If you have Google Chrome open tabs you want to save, bookmark them all in an easy-to-find location, such as in a new “Open Tabs” folder in the Bookmarks bar.
- Download and install Firefox from Mozilla's download page.
- Quit ChromeExit Chrome if you have it running.
- Open your newly-installed Firefox. The import tool will pop up.
- If it doesn't, click the menu button , click Import and select from the menu. , go down to the bottom and click and, lastly, click
- The import tool will look similar tolike this:
- Choose Chrome in the Import Settings and Data window. In the next screen, choose the things you want to import. Follow the prompts and Firefox will take care of the rest.
- (Optional) If you saved your open tabs in Google Chrome, find the “From Google Chrome” folder in the Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar, select the “Open Tabs” folder you created and click to open the tabs in Firefox.